zondag 13 februari 2011

Why our calvinist upbringing makes us sad.

We got a breakfast service coupon from the boss last Chistmas, which was, in the light of me still not having a fridge, quite handy. Untill very recently I have been whipping up pastas and rice dishes for breaky on Sundays, the stores obviously being closed. So this breakfast coupon meant an actual breakfast for a change.

Upon ordering, my calvinist upbringing struck. Making me tick the box 'two people' instead of one seemed the logical thing to do. You get much more for the same money, right? I blame my mother for this by the way.

So Sunday came, and so did the feasty breakfast. The two boxes on the table showed a massive amount of food, almost like one of these TVshows where fatties are confronted with the amount of food they ate over the last week. All in all it looked appetizing enough though.

This is where Mr Calvijn stroke back: there is something utterly sad about all this food and nobody to share it with. The whole romantic table setting, Valentine's day coming up, these two boxes seemed to be yelling at me. YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN!

So I left it there, went to the kitchen instead and toasted up some of yesterday's leftovers.

Anybody hungry?

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten